Dau Go cave is on Driftwood Island. The name Dau Go is associated with the legend that General Tran Hung Ðao (1226-1300) hid ironwood stakes in preparation for the Bach Dang battle against the Yuan-Mongolian invaders.Seen from afar, the entrance to the grotto appears to be blue, and has a shape similar to that of a jellyfish.
After 90 steps up the island, the entrance is reached. The ceiling of Dau Go cave is about 25 m high. Hundreds of stalactites falling down from the roof of the grotto look like a waterfall. The grotto is divided into three main parts.
The exterior is a room with a vault full of natural light. Many forms may be seen in the rock formations of the chamber, depending on the imagination of the visitor of course.
Crossing the first chamber, one enters the second chamber through a narrow passage. The light here is mysterious, and new images appear in the stone. It leaves us wondering what these might be imagined as.
The third chamber of Dau Go cave is widely opened. At the end of the grotto is a well of clear water. Looking up in the dim light we recognize that surrounding us is the image of an ancient citadel and a scuffle of elephants, horses & men with bristly swords and spears. All are making a rush and seem to have been petrified suddenly.